After completing this lesson, you should be able to state or identify the following:
- The DOT maximum driving time limits that are placed on drivers, and some exemptions to those laws
- What qualifies as on-duty time and off-duty time
- The 11-hour rule, the 14-hour rule, and the 60/70-hour rule
- The violations of these laws that can place a driver out of duty
Available in English
This course explains the DOT time constraints that commercial drivers must abide by and how to effectively utilize driver logs.
• The 11 hour, 14 hour, and 60/70 rules and exemptions
• Violations that can restrict drivers from work duty
• How to correctly track times with standardized driver logs
Sign up to receive free safety resources from Vivid.
Subscribe for Safety ▸