- State or identify the DOT maximum driving time limits that are placed on drivers, and some exemptions to those laws.
- State or identify what qualifies as on-duty time and off-duty time.
- State or identify the 11-hour rule, the 14-hour rule, and the 60/70-hour rule.
- State or identify the violations of these laws that can place a driver out of duty.
- State or identify how to complete a driver log and what information must be included in a log.
- State or identify how to calculate driving, on-duty, and sleeper berth time to avoid violating the 11- and 14-hour maximum time limits.
- State or identify rules related to documentation and copies of driver logs.
- State or identify the reasons why a driver can be placed out of service.
Available in English
This course explains the Department of Transportation time constraints that commercial drivers must abide by and how to effectively utilize driver logs.
Sign up to receive free safety resources from Vivid.
Subscribe for Safety ▸