- Define the terms nucleus, proton, electron, and neutron
- Describe the makeup of electron shells
- Outline Dalton’s Atomic Theory
- Discuss the chemical makeup of molecules and compounds and explain how they differ from mixtures
- Describe how an ionic bond is formed
- Describe how a covalent bond is formed
- Explain the Octet Rule
Available in English
When you complete this lesson, you will be able to describe the various components of an atom and discuss atomic theory. You will also be able to explain how chemical bonds are formed and describe the two most common types of chemical bonding.
Sign up to receive free safety resources from Vivid.
Subscribe for Safety ▸