- Describe the nature of an acid
- Describe the nature of caustic
- List some examples of common acids and caustics
- Identify what the pH rating of a chemical indicates
- Discuss the process of neutralization
- Describe the steps for using an emergency eyewash station
- Discuss initial steps in the selection of personal protective equipment (PPE)
Available in English
When you complete this lesson, you will understand how substances are ranked on the pH scale. You will also be able to describe general safety precautions and emergency actions employed when working with acids and caustics.
Sign up to receive free safety resources from Vivid.
Subscribe for Safety ▸