- Explain what is meant by crude oil
- Describe the purpose of each of the following processes:
- Crude oil desalting
- Atmospheric distillation
- Vacuum distillation
- Catalytic reforming
- Discuss refinery treating processes
- Identify the function of a gas plant
- Explain the importance of refinery blending operations
- List substances often stored in the refinery tank farm
Available in English
When you complete this lesson, you will be able to identify and briefly describe various refining processes that take place in a typical petroleum refinery.
Sign up to receive free safety resources from Vivid.
Subscribe for Safety ▸