- Identify basic logic symbols used in logic diagrams
- List the parts of a drawing title block
- Explain the purpose of a drawing legend
- Discuss permissives and interlocks associated with control systems
- Describe how a control loop maintains a parameter at its control setpoint
- Discuss the use of trip setpoints
- Describe how the feedback function in a control loop helps keep processes stable
- Describe trim and bias control logic features
- Discuss general troubleshooting steps and techniques
Available in English
When you complete this lesson, you will be able to describe the basic symbols and parts of a logic diagram. You will also be able to explain how to use a DCS logic diagram as a troubleshooting tool.
Sign up to receive free safety resources from Vivid.
Subscribe for Safety ▸