- Explain the two methods of calculating turbine efficiency
- Describe how each of the following affects turbine efficiency:
- Chemical deposits and internal erosion
- Internal and external seal leakage
- Variations in steam temperature and pressure
- Back pressure
- Attemperation spray flow
- Extraction steam flow
- Explain how control valves can be the source of a loss that is typically attributed to the turbine
Available in English
When you complete this lesson, you will be able to explain how to calculate turbine efficiency. You will also be able to describe how parameters, components, and problems can affect turbine efficiency.
Sign up to receive free safety resources from Vivid.
Subscribe for Safety ▸