- Describe the role of the steam turbine in power plant operations
- Describe the basic design of turbine rotor bearings
- Identify the purpose of the stationary blades
- Identify the function of the main steam stop valves
- Describe the purpose of the steam chest and control valves
- Identify the primary function of the turbine lube oil system
- Describe the role of the emergency lube oil pump
Available in English
When you complete this lesson, you will be able to describe the basic operation of a typical power plant's steam turbine and identify the functions of its critical components.
Sign up to receive free safety resources from Vivid.
Subscribe for Safety ▸