- Explain Concentrated Solar Power (CSP) and how it is converted to electrical energy
- Describe a Rankine cycle power plant in relation to CSP
- Explain the function of the major components in a CSP power plant:
- Solar collector
- Heat transfer medium
- Thermal energy storage
- Turbine generator
- Describe the following types of solar collectors:
- Power tower
- Parabolic trough
- Describe the components and explain the operation of a parabolic trough concentrated solar power system
- Compare stand-alone and integrated solar combined cycle (ISCC) plant designs
Available in English
When you complete this lesson, you will be able to explain how concentrated solar power can be used to generate electricity. You will also be able to describe the function and operation of the components that make up a functioning solar thermal power generating system.
Sign up to receive free safety resources from Vivid.
Subscribe for Safety ▸