- Describe the basic construction and operation of a photovoltaic cell
- Define photovoltaic effect as it relates production of photovoltaic cells
- Explain Maximum Power Point (MPP) and how voltage, current, and power output are related in a photovoltaic cell
- Explain how photovoltaic cells are arranged to form modules, panels, and arrays
- Understand the function of the following equipment related to photovoltaic solar installations:
- Charge controllers
- Peak-power trackers
- Mounting hardware
- Describe and give examples of the following types of photovoltaic applications:
- Direct coupled
Available in English
When you complete this lesson, you will be able to explain the purpose of a photovoltaic cell and describe how they can be arranged to form arrays suitable for power generation. You will also be able to describe the common components required to support power generation from photovoltaic systems.
Sign up to receive free safety resources from Vivid.
Subscribe for Safety ▸