- Explain the pre-startup checks performed as part of the reciprocating engine startup process
- Describe the importance of slow-turning a reciprocating engine
- Describe the conditions monitored during normal reciprocating engine operation
- Explain the adverse effects of low-load operation on a reciprocating engine
- Describe the methods of performing a reciprocating engine shutdown
- Describe the conditions required to maintain a reciprocating engine in standby
Available in English
When you complete this lesson, you will be able to describe the steps to startup and shutdown a reciprocating engine, and the steps to confirm it is operating normally. Additionally, some special operating conditions will be covered.
Sign up to receive free safety resources from Vivid.
Subscribe for Safety ▸