- Describe the general function of the condenser
- Define condensate
- Identify the location and purpose of the hotwell
- Explain the basic operation of the condensate hotwell pumps
- Describe the overall design and function of low-pressure heaters
- Discuss the purpose of the gland steam seal condenser and its relationship to the condensate system
- Describe the purpose of a maintaining air ejector and a hogger
- Describe the function of a deaerator
Available in English
When you complete this lesson, you will be able to explain the purpose and operation of all major components in the condensate system. In addition, you will be able to discuss the basic relationship between the condensate and feedwater systems.
Sign up to receive free safety resources from Vivid.
Subscribe for Safety ▸