- Define reciprocating engine
- Describe the basic operation of a reciprocating engine
- Explain the role of reciprocating engines in large-scale power generation
- Describe the typical layout of a stand-alone reciprocating engine power plant
- Explain why reciprocating engines are incorporated into existing power plants
- Describe the use of cogeneration in a reciprocating engine power plant
Available in English
When you complete this lesson, you will be able to explain the operation of a reciprocating engine and describe the common configurations in which it can be used in power generation facilities.
Sign up to receive free safety resources from Vivid.
Subscribe for Safety ▸