- Describe five key components common to horizontal wind turbines
- Identify the two most common types of blades
- Discuss the type of generator most commonly used in wind turbines
- Describe how pitch-controlled blades control wind turbine speed
- Explain the purpose of the yaw mechanism
Available in English
When you complete this lesson, you will be able to explain how wind flowing over the blades causes the turbine rotor to turn. In addition, you will be able to describe the operation of wind turbine components and discuss how wind turbines are controlled.
Sign up to receive free safety resources from Vivid.
Subscribe for Safety ▸