- Discuss factors that drove the creation of the heavy duty gas turbine technology
- Describe the basic compressed air and hot gas flow paths through the turbine
- Explain the purpose of the inlet air guide vanes
- Discuss the relationship between turbine output energy and the compressor energy consumption
- Explain the purpose of a regenerator
- Describe the fuel delivery system for a heavy duty gas turbine
- Describe the lube oil system for a heavy duty gas turbine and how it functions
Available in English
When you complete this lesson, you will be able to discuss the motivation behind the development of the heavy duty gas turbine. In addition, you will be able to describe the gas turbine’s basic components and general operation.
Sign up to receive free safety resources from Vivid.
Subscribe for Safety ▸