- Define the term megawatt/hour
- Describe how electricity usage is measured in a typical household
- Describe how power system load continually changes
- Describe the purpose of the electromagnet in a generator
- Describe the purpose of the generator stator
- Describe what is meant by 3-phase power
- Describe the impact of generator size on power oscillations
- Describe the role of an exciter
Available in English
When you complete this lesson, you will be able to describe the relationship between electrical usage and generator output. In addition, you will be able to explain the basic principles of producing electricity using an electromagnet.
Sign up to receive free safety resources from Vivid.
Subscribe for Safety ▸