- Describe the following generator voltage regulator control modes:
- Power factor
- Voltage droop
- Voltage droop compensation
- Explain voltage droop in relation to a generator excitation control system
- List the conditions that must be met before the generator can be synchronized with the grid
- List the conditions which may result in a generator breaker trip
Available in English
When you complete this lesson, you will be able to explain generator operation modes and the methods used to control generator output voltage. You will also be able to describe ways the automatic generator control system regulates loading and protects against faults on the generator output.
Sign up to receive free safety resources from Vivid.
Subscribe for Safety ▸