- Describe the operation of liquid fuel-ignited and spark-ignited (Otto Cycle) reciprocating engines
- Describe the operation of a compression-ignited (Diesel Cycle) reciprocating engine
- List the types of fuels commonly used in reciprocating engines
- Describe common reciprocating engine fuel systems, including the following components:
- Fuel pumps
- Gas ramps
- Fuel rack
- Explain the operation of a dual-fuel (DF) reciprocating engine
- Describe the function of the following reciprocating engine components:
- Compressed Air Systems
- Cooling Water Pumps
- Lube Oil Pumps
Available in English
When you complete this lesson, you will be able to describe the major types of reciprocating engines and their fuel sources. You will also be able to describe the function of the major components of a reciprocating engine as applied to power generation.
Sign up to receive free safety resources from Vivid.
Subscribe for Safety ▸