- Describe pre-start up maintenance/inspection, and windmilling parameters
- Describe the basic startup process for a combustion turbine (CT)
- Describe the basics of swapping fuel types, and the risks involved
- Explain how the environment affects the CT (high and low temperature, barometric pressure, etc.)
- Identify emergency procedures and the conditions in which they would be implemented
- Explain the purpose of a water wash
- Explain what a load commutated inverter is and how it communicates with the exciter to start a combustion turbine
Available in English
When you complete this lesson, you will be familiar with several common procedures for operating and maintaining a combustion turbine (CT) as well as some conditions that require emergency procedures.
Sign up to receive free safety resources from Vivid.
Subscribe for Safety ▸