- Discuss the purpose and operating philosophy behind the FGDS
- Describe operation in both the flyash and lime modes
- Explain the use of the absorber tower and reaction tank
- Identify the purpose of the spray recycle pumps
- Describe the dampers and ductwork
- Explain how each of the following features facilitate the meeting of emissions parameters:
- Absorber bypass fraction
- Number of absorbers in service
- Number of spray levels in service
- Flyash and lime feed
Available in English
When you complete this lesson, you will be able to understand how the design of the open spray FGDS effectively reduces SO2 and provides substantial flexibility in meeting SO2 emissions requirements.
Sign up to receive free safety resources from Vivid.
Subscribe for Safety ▸