- Define energy
- Describe the difference between renewable and non-renewable energy sources
- Describe the difference between potential energy and kinetic energy
- Describe the three basic energy conversions taking place in a fossil fuel-fired power plant
- Identify benefits and desirable features of fossil fuel-fired units
- Define efficiency
- Describe losses and efficiency related to fossil fuel-fired power plants
Available in English
When you complete this lesson, you will be able to describe how energy from fossil and renewable fuels is captured and converted into electrical energy. In addition, you will be able to discuss efficiency and the role it plays in energy conversions.
Sign up to receive free safety resources from Vivid.
Subscribe for Safety ▸