- Describe the functions of a typical distributed control system (DCS)
- List and briefly describe the main components or elements of a DCS
- Explain the use of a remote control panel in the DCS
- Discuss communications mediums available for use in DCS; list advantages and disadvantages of each choice
- Describe the purpose of a central control facility (control room) associated with a DCS
- Describe the functions of the human machine interface (HMI)
- Discuss the reasons for different levels of authority on various HMI stations
- Identify the functions of control, interface, and database software associated with DCS
Available in English
When you complete this lesson, you will be able to describe the design and function of a typical distributive control system (DCS).
Sign up to receive free safety resources from Vivid.
Subscribe for Safety ▸