- List and briefly describe plant instrumentation used to collect system parameter and equipment data to be used in a DCS
- Describe the general design and function of the following DCS components:
- Transmitters input/output modules
- Electrical/computer buses
- Human machine interface
- Control devices/actuators
- Discuss the flow of information through the DCS and describe how that information is used to monitor and control power plant systems, parameters, and equipment
Available in English
When you complete this lesson, you will be able to list the components associated with a common distributive control system (DCS) and describe their functions.
Sign up to receive free safety resources from Vivid.
Subscribe for Safety ▸