- Explain why seawater is harmful to desalination systems
- Define potable water and identify the international agency responsible for setting quality standards for potable water
- State two factors that drive the pretreatment and post-treatment applications employed at a desalination facility
- Discuss the process and importance of the chlorination – dechlorination – chlorination application required at reverse osmosis facilities
- List standard pre- and post-treatment applications discussed in this lesson and describe the general purpose of each
- State an example of when post-treatment of water is NOT required
Available in English
When you complete this lesson, you will be able to discuss industry standard pre- and post-treatment applications for desalinated water. You will also be able to discuss concerns associated with bringing seawater into a desalination system for processing, and describe specific pre- and post-treatment applications common to processing water through reverse osmosis and thermal distillation desalination systems.
Sign up to receive free safety resources from Vivid.
Subscribe for Safety ▸