- Identify types of water treatment programs and discuss their goals
- Describe the cause and effect of corrosion in the following:
- Pre-boiler or feedwater system
- Boiler system
- Condensate system
- Explain the steps facilities take to control or eliminate corrosion in the water and steam path
- Explain how corrosion can be minimized by identifying condenser tube leaks through chemical analysis of steam plant water
- Describe how boiler chemistry control can reduce the adverse effects of condenser tube leaks
Available in English
When you complete this lesson, you will be able to describe how corrosion affects various systems within a power plant. In addition, you'll be able to identify causes and discuss means employed to control corrosion.
Sign up to receive free safety resources from Vivid.
Subscribe for Safety ▸