- Explain the thermal cycles of a combined cycle plant
- List advantages of a combustion turbine–water/steam combined cycle system
- Compare combined cycle plant efficiencies with the efficiencies of simple cycle plants
- Describe the way that simple cycle efficiencies can be increased
- Define cogeneration and IGCC
- Describe the effects of combustion air cooling and supplemental HRSG firing
- Explain the differences between single shaft and multi-shaft combined cycle configurations
- Describe the use of single pressure and multi-pressure steam cycle designs
Available in English
When you complete this lesson, you will be able to describe the basic thermal cycles of a combined cycle power plant, including topping and bottoming cycles. You will also be able to list advantages and disadvantages of various combined cycle configurations and define common terminology associated with combined cycle operations.
Sign up to receive free safety resources from Vivid.
Subscribe for Safety ▸