- Explain the purpose of a hotwell
- Describe the role low pressure condensate heaters and high pressure feedwater heaters play in the boiler water cycle
- Explain the purpose of a deaerator
- Describe the basic design of a watertube boiler
- Explain the purpose of a steam drum
- Explain the purpose of the primary superheater and secondary superheater
Available in English
When you complete this lesson, you will be able to describe where boiler water comes from and how it enters and flows through a boiler. In addition, you will be able to explain the basic flow path the steam follows from the boiler to the steam turbine.
Sign up to receive free safety resources from Vivid.
Subscribe for Safety ▸