- Explain the importance of ensuring all condition and sign off requirements are met before start-up begins
- Discuss normal start-up of a motor-driven boiler feed pump and describe components associated with this pump
- Discuss normal start-up of a steam-driven boiler feed pump and describe components associated with this pump
- Compare the process of placing a single pump in service to placing two pumps in service
- Identify what permissives will hold out the pump from starting and discuss appropriate responses
- Explain the role of a control room operator in starting the boiler feed pump
Available in English
When you complete this lesson, you will be able to explain the proper steps to place a boiler feed pump in service.
Sign up to receive free safety resources from Vivid.
Subscribe for Safety ▸