- Identify the advantages, disadvantages, and limitations of each type of sling
- Identify inspection criteria for slings and rigging hardware
- List the questions a rigger should ask while planning for a lift
- Identify the methods for determining a load’s weight, the factors that impact the sling’s lifting capacity, and how to balance the load
- Identify the characteristics of vertical, choker, and basket hitches
- Identify hazards posed by working near a crane and the safe practices for avoiding them
Available in English
This lesson will teach you how to safely rig loads that will be moved by cranes, hoists, or other equipment. This includes planning a lift, inspecting and selecting slings, determining a load’s weight, using a sling angle chart, and working with a crane operator.
Sign up to receive free safety resources from Vivid.
Subscribe for Safety ▸