- Identify the advantages, disadvantages, and limitations of each type of sling
- Identify inspection criteria for slings and rigging hardware
- List the questions a rigger should ask while planning for a lift
- Identify the methods for determining a load’s weight, the factors that impact the sling’s lifting capacity, and how to balance the load
- Identify the characteristics of vertical, choker, and basket hitches
- Identify hazards posed by working near a crane and the safe practices for avoiding them
Available in English
5-Min Course Available
This lesson will teach you how to safely rig loads that will be moved by cranes, hoists, or other equipment. This includes planning a lift, inspecting and selecting slings, determining a load’s weight, using a sling angle chart, and working with a crane operator.
Sign up to receive free safety resources from Vivid.
Subscribe for Safety ▸