Home » Courses » NERC System Operator Certification and Continuing Education Database CEH » Transformer Protection (1.0 CEHs)
MTS_4625_350-06 Transformer Protection (1.0 CEHs)
- Recall the basic construction of a common power transformer
- Identify the different types of transformer faults
- Identify the different types of pressure protection
- Recall the advantages and disadvantages of using fuses, circuit switchers, and circuit breakers for overcurrent protection
- Recall how ground fault protection is able to distinguish between an internal and external fault
- Recall the basic operation of differential protection
- Identify the different methods used to manage inrush current
- Identify the conditions required in order for reactor banks to perform similar to transformers
- Recall how capacitor banks detect and protect against severe imbalance
- Identify the limitations of differential protection with phase shifting transformers
Available in English
When you complete this lesson you will understand the basic construction and protection methods commonly used in transformer protection.
Sign up to receive free safety resources from Vivid.
Subscribe for Safety ▸