MTS_4625_350-07 Pilot Protection (1.0 CEHs)
- Recall why pilot protection systems are needed
- Identify the strengths and weaknesses of the major communications channels
- Identify which communications mediums are capable of high bandwidth data transmission
- Identify the differences between permissive, blocking, and direct transfer trip schemes
- Recall how pilot protection both manipulates and makes use of time delays
- Define the difference between overreaching and under-reaching schemes
Available in English
When you complete this lesson you will understand the major forms of communications channels used by pilot protection, as well as the basic functions of the more common pilot protection schemes deployed in power system protection.
Sign up to receive free safety resources from Vivid.
Subscribe for Safety ▸