MTS_4625_350-03 Monitoring System Conditions (2.5 CEHs)
- Identify settings established in R1 through R4 of PRC-002-2
- Recall how the per-unit scale differs from percentage comparisons
- Recall how phasors and vectors are related
- Identify phasor application in a three phase power system
- Recall the phase relationship between phase to neutral and phase to ground voltage measurements
- List the basic components of a transformer
- Calculate the secondary output of a transformer given input values and turns ratio
- Recall the difference between VTs, PTs, and CCVTs
- Recall the relationship between primary and secondary current as magnetic flux reaches saturation
- Recall how relays are connected to PTs and CTs and how this relates to burden
Available in English
When you complete this lesson you will understand the purpose of PRC-002-2, and how system conditions are monitored through the application of per-unit measurements, AC polarity, and basic potential transformer and current transformer construction and operation.
Sign up to receive free safety resources from Vivid.
Subscribe for Safety ▸