Home » Courses » NERC System Operator Certification and Continuing Education Database CEH » Active and Reactive Power Limits and Flows
MTS_PILOT_388-02 Active and Reactive Power Limits and Flows
- Recognize fundamental concepts of AC power flow
- Identify how resistance and reactance are affected by line characteristics of an electrical circuit
- Calculate the value and flow direction of real power
- Calculate the value and flow direction of reactive power
- Recall the flow direction of real and reactive power given bus conditions
- Identify the three categories of power transfer limits
- Recognize which of the three power transfer limits is the most restrictive in a given scenario
- Determine distribution factors on a mock power system
Available in English
When you complete this lesson, you will be able to identify fundamental concepts of active and reactive power, angle relationships, and the factors affecting power flow values.
Sign up to receive free safety resources from Vivid.
Subscribe for Safety ▸