- Describe the causes of accidents and methods for prevention
- Describe safety programs and practices that will protect them from hazards found at a mine
- Identify personal responsibilities in protecting their safety
- Explain how to manage mining variables and risks
- List the key parts of job safety analysis (JSA) and work permits
Available in English, Spanish
This lesson addresses the requirement for annual refresher training given in MSHA CFR 30 Part 48B regarding the prevention of accidents. It will cover general safety practices aimed at preventing accidents rather than responding to them. It includes practices to ensure a safe workspace, including defining the personal responsibilities workers have in order to be safe in the mine setting. The course covers Part 56 Subpart Q – Safety Programs and Subpart S- Miscellaneous; it also reinforces awareness of the hazards specific to Confined Spaces and welding and cutting.
Sign up to receive free safety resources from Vivid.
Subscribe for Safety ▸