- List some unique safety and health challenges, and some general safety and health regulations, for surface coal mines.
- Describe the dust sampling and controls required for surface coal mines.
- Outline some safety and health regulations that apply to the surface installations and plant equipment at the mine.
- Describe some safety and health regulations that apply to the mine’s electrical equipment and components.
- Outline some safety and health regulations that apply to various mining methods.
- List some safety and health regulations that apply to transporting people and materials at the mine.
Available in English, Spanish
The purpose of the lesson is to provide mine contractors with an awareness of the federal regulations outlined in CFR 30, Part 48, Subpart B, Section 56 that address ground control at surface mines. The lesson is part of an 8-hour refresher-training curriculum that mining contractors must complete annually. The lesson addresses topics such as factors that influence ground stability, employer responsibilities regarding ground safety, and mining techniques designed to prevent hazards.
Sign up to receive free safety resources from Vivid.
Subscribe for Safety ▸