- Identify the main hazards involved with storing, transporting, and using explosives.
- Describe the blasting process and identify the main types of materials used to execute a blast, including explosives, blasting agents, and blasting caps.
- Explain how to use magazines and other storage facilities to store explosives safely.
- Describe the requirements for transporting explosives safely at the mine site.
- Outline general blasting regulations, as well as more specific regulations for preparing the blast holes, using electric and non-electric initiation systems, and handling misfires.
Available in English, Spanish
Sign up to receive free safety resources from Vivid.
Subscribe for Safety ▸