- Identify symptoms of failing bearings
- Discuss bearing failure due to:
- Normal fatigue (spalling)
- Brinelling and false brinelling
- Equipment misalignment
- Electrical arcing
- Thrust forces
- Identify common questions asked when troubleshooting bearing failures related to the following categories:
- Rotating race
- Fixed race
- Rolling element cage or retainer
- Rotating elements
Available in English
When you complete this lesson, you will be able to recognize symptoms that may indicate failing bearings. In addition, you'll be able to troubleshoot bearing failures and use the information you gain to prevent a reoccurrence.
Sign up to receive free safety resources from Vivid.
Subscribe for Safety ▸