- List the common names used for sliding surface bearings
- State the operating principle behind sliding surface bearings
- Define boundary and full film lubrication
- Describe bushings and sleeve bearings
- Describe split bearings
- Explain lubricating grooves, oil rings, and wick lubricators
- List advantages of sliding surface bearings
Available in English
When you complete this lesson you will be able to identify the most common types of sliding surface bearings, and recognize some of their design considerations and common operating characteristics.
Sign up to receive free safety resources from Vivid.
Subscribe for Safety ▸