- Discuss the use of threaded piping connections
- List and describe different types of threaded fittings
- Describe flanged piping connections
- Explain the use of gaskets in piping connections
- Describe welded piping connections
- Identify welding symbols used for pipe-fitting
- Identify line symbols used in pipe-fitting
- Describe how pipe-fitting symbols can represent the:
- Size of a pipe
- Method of branching and coupling
- Purpose for which the pipe will be used
Available in English
When you complete this lesson, you will be able to describe the methods most commonly used to connect lengths of piping, and identify advantages and disadvantages of each. You will be able to recognize symbols commonly used to indicate types of pipes, pipe-fittings, and welding connections.
Sign up to receive free safety resources from Vivid.
Subscribe for Safety ▸