- Describe the operation of mechanical seals
- Recall some advantages and disadvantages of mechanical seals
- Describe a typical stationary mechanical seal
- Describe a typical rotating mechanical seal
- Identify the difference between a balanced and an unbalanced mechanical seal
- Describe some ways to properly care for mechanical seals
- Identify some common causes of mechanical seal leakage
- Explain the steps typically employed to install and remove mechanical seals
Available in English
When you complete this lesson, you will be able to describe how mechanical seals work and identify the features of commonly used seal types. In addition, you'll be able to explain proper seal care.
Sign up to receive free safety resources from Vivid.
Subscribe for Safety ▸