- Identify the two most common types of lube oil contamination found in power plant lubricating oil systems
- Explain the effect contamination has on the lubricating oil and the equipment it serves
- Describe how mechanical filtration removes contaminants from lubricating oil systems
- Discuss the basic procedure for cleaning a permanent, in-line filter
- Explain how each of the following oil purification methods removes contaminants from lubricating oil: centrifugal purification, coalescence purification, and vacuum dehydration
Available in English
When you complete this lesson, you will be able to explain how to use mechanical filters and lube oil purifiers to keep lubricating oil free of contaminants. In addition, you will be able to describe methods used to filter and purify lubricating oil in a power plant.
Sign up to receive free safety resources from Vivid.
Subscribe for Safety ▸