- Define common belt drive terminology including:
- Belt pitch length
- Center distance
- Arc of contact
- Speed ratio
- Sheave, driven sheave, driver sheave, idler sheave, and sheave pitch diameter
- Identify the advantages and disadvantages of belt drive systems
- Explain basic techniques for proper belt drive tensioning
- Describe some ways to alter a belt’s arc of contact
Available in English
When you complete this lesson, you will be able to knowledgeably discuss the general use and maintenance of belt drive systems.
Sign up to receive free safety resources from Vivid.
Subscribe for Safety ▸