- Define air compressor
- Recall the primary difference between the two basic categories of air compressors
- Give four examples of prime movers used to power a compressor
- Describe the purposes of the service air and control air systems, and identify examples of equipment powered by each
- Define the term ‘air quality’ with regard to a compressed air system
- Describe the relationship between temperature, pressure, and volume in a compressed air system
- Explain the benefit of a staged compression system
Available in English
When you complete this lesson, you will be able to describe the basic classifications of air compressors used in industrial facilities. In addition, you will be able to explain the operation of service air and control air systems.
Sign up to receive free safety resources from Vivid.
Subscribe for Safety ▸