- Describe the basic components making up a typical shell-and-tube heat exchanger
- Identify the difference between a single pass heat exchanger and a multi-pass heat exchanger
- Define parallel flow, cross flow, and counter-flow in regard to shell-and-tube heat exchanger operation
- Identify common troubleshooting procedures
- Describe common repair techniques
Available in English
When you complete this lesson you will be able to explain how closed heat exchangers use extraction steam and latent heat to increase the temperature of the condensate and feedwater prior to entering the boiler. In addition, you will be able to describe how extraction steam and heater drains are used to increase the overall efficiency of the plant cycle.
Sign up to receive free safety resources from Vivid.
Subscribe for Safety ▸