- Identify basic pre-start checks and inspections to complete prior to starting a centrifugal pump
- Discuss additional checks required for large, multi-stage centrifugal pumps
- Describe what is meant by the phrase “priming a pump”
- State the inspections conducted on an operating centrifugal pump
- Define the term “air bound pump” in reference to a centrifugal pump
Available in English
When you complete this lesson, you will be able describe the basic start-up and shutdown procedures used on single and multi-stage centrifugal pumps. In addition, you will be able to explain the basic inspections that should be completed on operating centrifugal pumps during each shift.
Sign up to receive free safety resources from Vivid.
Subscribe for Safety ▸