- Define the following terms:
- Static head
- Suction head
- Discharge head
- Friction head
- Explain what is meant by the phrase “suction lift”
- Describe the relationship between head pressure and pump capacity
- Define net positive suction head
- Describe the relationship between pump cavitation and net positive suction head
Available in English
Centrifugal pumps are used extensively in plant systems to move liquids through processes under various operating conditions. To effectively operate these systems, you need to know the terminology associated with centrifugal pumps and understand factors that affect centrifugal pump operation.
Sign up to receive free safety resources from Vivid.
Subscribe for Safety ▸