- Explain the design of a volute pump casing
- Identify when diffuser rings are employed and describe where a volute would apply when diffuser rings are also employed
- State the difference between a solid casing and a split casing
- Describe the difference between an axially split and radially split casing
- List three primary purposes of a pump casing
- Identify four ways impellers can be classified
- State the purpose of a thrust bearing on a centrifugal pump
- State the purpose of a mechanical seal on a centrifugal pump
Available in English
When you complete this lesson, you will be able describe various centrifugal pump designs and explain the role design plays in matching a pump to an application.
Sign up to receive free safety resources from Vivid.
Subscribe for Safety ▸