- Explain the function of bearing seals and describe their main components
- Identify the two types of bearing seals
- Describe the types of materials used in the manufacture of oil seal lips
- Discuss the selection of oil seals based on speed of the application
- Name some oil seals that are classified by their use
- Name some oil seals that are classified by service conditions
- Explain labyrinth seal construction
- Describe labyrinth seal classifications
- List the advantages of a labyrinth seal
Available in English
When you complete this lesson, you will be able to describe and identify the seals most commonly used on bearings, their specific applications, and their design considerations.
Sign up to receive free safety resources from Vivid.
Subscribe for Safety ▸