- Identify symbols for selected vessels, compressors, heat exchangers, valves, and pumps
- Identify instrument symbols
- Describe how the instruments in control loops are named on a PID
- Identify piping and determine information about a pipeline including:
- Material in the line
- Size of the pipe
- Line number
- Recognize the different types of lines including pneumatic, hydraulic, electric, and signal lines
Available in English
When you complete this lesson, you will be able to use a P&ID to identify instrumentation, common equipment, and symbols used in your area. You will also be able to describe how components are related.
Sign up to receive free safety resources from Vivid.
Subscribe for Safety ▸