- Define flow rate
- Discuss the difference between volumetric and mass flow rate and list the common units used for measuring each
- Describe the common types of flow measuring devices used in industrial processes
- Using the concept of flow profiles, explain laminar and turbulent flow including a discussion of Reynolds Numbers
- Explain how flow rate is affected by the following fluid properties:
- Describe how detector position and flow disturbances can affect the accuracy of flow rate measurements
Available in English
When you complete this lesson, you will be able to describe the principles of fluid flow and understand how these principles provide multiple means for measuring flow rate in the process industry. Define flow and flow rate.
Sign up to receive free safety resources from Vivid.
Subscribe for Safety ▸